Physical wellness begins with the understanding that a balanced diet, regular exercise as well as adequate rest and relaxation all contribute to a healthy body that functions more efficiently.
The physical benefits of looking and feeling good will lead us to the psychological benefits of enhanced self-esteem, confidence and self control. Physical wellness requires us to consume food that enhances health and to make choices to be physically fit. Making healthy lifestyle choices today will affect how we live and feel tomorrow.
Ways to improve physical wellness:
- Eat a variety of healthy food, have a balanced diet
- Eat fruits and vegetables every day
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day
- Exercise at least 3 times a week, 20-30 minutes each session
- Use the stairs instead of the lift or escalator and walk whenever possible
- Get regular, adequate sleep – 6 to 8 hours each day
- Avoid consuming tobacco, drugs and alcohol
- Consume salt, sugar and fat in moderation