Emotional wellness is the heart of all the wellness dimensions. When we explore our emotional wellness, we gain insight into why we feel and behave the way we do and learn new ways to cope with challenges.
Emotional wellness thus refers to mindfulness and taking note of one’s feelings, as well as the ability to manage those feelings.
Ways to improve Emotional Wellness
- Be aware of and accept your feelings
- Express your feelings appropriately
- Manage your feelings effectively
- Adopt a positive attitude and practise optimism
- Manage stress effectively
- Respond to challenges as opportunities
- Seek and appreciate the assistance and support of others
- Accept mistakes and learn from them
- Set realistic goals
- Have realistic expectations
- Set priorities
- Manage your time effectively
- Form interdependent relationships on the basis of trust and respect