Student’s Pass holders are not allowed to work (with or without pay) in Singapore. This applies to all international students who are studying in Private Education Organisation (PEO), such as SIM Global Education.
International Students are not allowed to attend classes until the Student’s Pass is issued. The In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter does not authorize a student to attend classes.
- Make a police report within 7 days of loss.
- Get a letter of certification from school.
- Proceed to ICA to make replacement of pass.
- Replacement fee is S$60.00.
- Replacement card will be ready for collection the next working day.
All International Students (Both Student’s Pass & Dependent Pass holders) are required to maintain a monthly attendance of 90% or more.
Students are to take note of their student’s pass expiry date issued to them by ICA
For renewal of student’s pass, the student is to submit the renewal form to school 4 weeks before expiry of their student’s pass.
Renewal form can be collected from Student Services at Level 1, SIM HQ, Annex Building.
The following documents are to be submitted together with the form:
- a photocopy of the passport
- a photocopy of the birth certificate
- a photocopy of the student’s pass
- a passport size photograph
ICA has introduced an application fee of S$30.00 for all new, renewal and transfer of student’s pass applications.
The student will have to make the payment at Finance Counter at SIM HQ, Level 2 first before submitting their renewal application form to Student Services at Level 1, SIM HQ, Annex Building, Counter 7.
ISO will proceed with the renewal application once the application fee is paid.
Upon approval, the student will make an e-appointment before going down to ICA to complete the student’s pass formalities.
Student’s Pass Issuance Fee of S$60.00 is to be paid at upon collection of pass at ICA’s issuing counter.
In accordance with Singapore immigration law, all students are required to surrender their student’s passes when they stopped studying in their schools/institutions:
- complete the ‘Cancellation of Student’s Pass’ form. Form can be downloaded from your Student’s Portal or can be obtained from Student Services.
- submit completed form to your respective Programme Officer. Ensure that you have also submitted a copy of your passport and student’s pass.
- your respective Programme Officer will submit the cancellation request online. ICA will take 1-2 working day to process the applications.
- upon approval by ICA, an electronic Social Visit Pass will be issued. Your Programme Officer will print a copy of the social visit pass in exchange for your student’s pass.
- submit your student’s pass to your Programme Officer and collect a copy of your social visit pass.
Please note the expiry date of your social visit pass and apply for an extension if necessary.