Discover SIM GE
Founded by Royal Charter in 1967, the University of Stirling was the first genuinely new university in Scotland for over 400 years.
The results of the University's performance in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) positioned Stirling as one of the top research-led universities in the UK with almost three quarters of research activity rated either world-leading or internationally excellent. Stirling is ranked 6th in Scotland and 45th in the UK, with our Management School ranked in the UK top 25 for Business and Management.
In learning and teaching, the University is committed to delivering high quality programmes that produce intellectually able graduates who are highly sought after by employers. We are ambitious for our students, and our flexible learning opportunities enable them to explore and discover new subjects and interests.
Professor Gerry McCormac
Principal & Vice-Chancellor
University of Stirling
The University of Stirling regularly performs well in the various newspaper surveys of higher education. Here are some of the accolades:
- A 5-star ranking for teaching, employability, internationalisation, facilities and inclusiveness in the QS World University Rankings 2018
- The University is ranked 2nd in the UK and 47th in the world in the QS top 50 under 50 (2017), which ranks the world's top universities under 50 years old
- University of Stirling is ranked 3rd in Scotland and top 15 in the UK for Sports Science (Times and Sunday times Good University Guide 2018)
- Home to the Institute for Retail Studies, an acknowledged centre of excellence for retailing
- Stirling is Scotland's University for Sporting Excellence, and ranked top 25 in the UK for Sports Science (The Complete University Guide 2017)
- Top 20 in the UK for Sport (QS World University Ranking 2017)
|“I love everything that I have learnt, particularly the group discussions as they help me to be more open to different ideas that might not cross my mind.”|
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Marketing
University of Stirling, UK