- Student Life in SIM GE
- Career Development
- Global Learning
- Student Development
- Student Representative Programme
- Learning Support
- Safety & Student Conduct
- Student Care
- Support & Services
‘The Writing Point’ is a writing and communication consultation service which aims to help SIMGE students to meet their academic writing and/or communication needs.
Students can book an appointment either individually or in groups to meet with one of our advisers who are English Language specialists to discuss about their assignments or any written work that they have. You will need to bring along your assignment drafts or previous written works for the session. It is important to note that our advisers are there to advise you on how you can improve your writing and NOT proofreading your work.
The advisers will help you to improve their own editing/proofreading skills.
Expectations and Policies
- Each slot will last 45 minutes and each student can book one slot per week.
- Slots will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Only 1 student will be allocated to a single slot; 2 or more students may join if the group is doing a single piece of written work (e.g. report)
- No time extension is allowed if the student is late.
- Please cancel your appointment at least 48 hours before your session by emailing us at Learning@sim.edu.sg.
Do note that:
- Advisers offer feedback and advice on written and oral assignments and communication tasks and NOT to provide a proofreading service (e.g. referencing, structure). The purpose is to help students to become a better writer or presenter.
- Students are to bring their assignment draft (with question) or other past written work for the session.
- Students will need to come prepared to discuss actively about assignment.
- The student is ultimately responsible for making decisions regarding the final version they will submit, not the advisers.
- The advisers’ role is not to evaluate the suitability of assignments set by faculty. Students' will need to seek clarification from the lecturer setting the task if they have questions about the content.
When are the available slots?
Information about the available slots will be posted in our Learning Development SIMConnect page under the content "SIMGE The Writing Point Programme".
You can access the SIMConnect page by clicking here.
How do I book an appointment?
You can book an appointment via our Learning Development SIMConnect page (click here) under the content "SIMGE The Writing Point Programme"