- Student Life in SIM GE
- Career Development
- Global Learning
- Student Development
- Student Representative Programme
- Learning Support
- Safety & Student Conduct
- Student Care
- Support & Services
Maintaining the welfare of the SIM GE community is our priority. We strive to make the campus a conducive place to study, work and play; where everyone is treated with respect and courtesy.
Student Development facilitates in SIMGE's student conduct process which is viewed as a platform to nurture and provide a learning experience among students.
To obtain more information, please refer to the following link: SIM GE Student Code of Conduct
Students are also expected to adhere to the following guidelines:
Code of Conduct governing the running of events / activities by Student Councils & Clubs
- Events and activities be run without intimidation, humiliation or violation of the dignity of the individual
- Participation in activities should be optional; any form of coercion is not allowed
- There shall be no rowdy behavior
The following are banned activities:
- Any form of harassment or undesirable behavior
- Individual or group ragging (e.g. shouting or use of abusive language against freshmen)
- Acts which may cause physical harm or emotional distress
- Acts against personal or religious precepts
- Activities that border on occult practices and mysticism e.g. Ouija board games, fortune telling.
- Activities aimed at testing the physical prowess, level of confidence and “fear factor” of members or freshmen
- Activities which involve the use of fire and flammable substances
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages or banned substances
Social Media Guidelines
- If comments are stated on social media, state that your views are strictly personal.
- Do not post anything that is offensive, vulgar, distasteful, sexually suggestive, seditious, or libellous.
- Do not post anything involving named or pictured individuals without their knowledge and permission. Parties are advised to consider the implications of the Personal Data Protection Act and to take all responsibilities that arise out of the violation of the Act.
- Do not post confidential or proprietary information about SIM/entities, its faculty, students, alumni or employees.
- Do not post anything that may portray SIM/entities, its faculty, students, alumni or employees in a negative light, even if it is a personal experience in SIM.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of different social media sites and the prevailing social media laws.
- Keep in mind that on many social media sites, the individual’s name and photo/icon appear next to the content that is posted and can hence be associated with that individual and/or SIM.
- Do not violate trademark and copyright rules and regulations.
- Be careful to ensure the accuracy of content, appropriateness of language used and the impact of what is posted on one’s image and the image of the organisation that one is associated with.
- Keep in mind that whatever is shared may remain public for an indefinite period of time, even if there are attempts to modify or delete it.
Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) Guidelines
Student clubs and councils are to take note of the PDPA guidelines highlighted in the PDPA Briefing Notes. Please click HERE to access the document.
Full compliance to the above guidelines by all Ex-co, club members and event and/or orientation organisers is important to avoid facing any punitive and/or rehabilitative proceedings.