Personal Data Protection Act
The Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) was passed in Parliament in 2012 and has taken effect in phases:
- Do Not Call Provisions (DNC) on 2 January 2014
- Personal Data Protection Provisions (PDP) on 2 July 2014
To find out more about PDPA, you may visit the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission’s website and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
SIM Global Education (SIM GE)
SIM Global Education (SIM GE), being an educational institution, aims to provide a holistic education to all its students.
Do Not Call Provisions (DNC)
SIM GE will adhere to the DNC Provisions for the telemarketing of academic qualification-based programmes to its existing students and prospective applicants.
Telemarketing messages, via voice calls, text messages and / or fax messages, will only be sent to:
- individuals who have not registered their Singapore telephone numbers with the relevant DNC Register(s); and
- individuals who have given consent to SIM GE to send them telemarketing messages at listed Singapore telephone numbers.
For the former group, if you do not wish to receive information about SIM GE Programmes by voice call, text message or fax message, you are advised to take necessary steps to register the relevant Singapore telephone number(s) on the relevant DNC Register(s).
For the latter group, in accordance with the PDPA provisions, individuals have the right to withdraw consent given to SIM GE for the receipt of telemarketing messages via voice calls, text messages and / or fax messages.
Withdrawal of Consent to Receive Telemarketing Messages
Individuals who wish to withdraw the consent given to SIM GE for the receipt of telemarketing messages will have to fill up and submit the Notice of Withdrawal of Consent online form to SIM GE.
Upon the receipt of the Notice of Withdrawal of Consent, SIM GE will cease to send telemarketing messages to you at the indicated Singapore telephone number 21 working days from the date of receipt of your notice.
Personal Data Protection Provisions (PDP)
SIM GE works in collaboration with partner institutions and / or organisations, where applicable, to provide educational services. Such Educational Services include the processing, administration, management and completion of delivery and conduct of academic and co-curricular programmes as well as alumni related activities.
SIM GE requires a certain amount of personal data for the provision of Educational Services. The quality of our Education Services also depends on the constructive feedback sought from our applicants, students and alumni. SIM GE is required to collect, use and disclose personal data about our applicants, students and alumni for the continual provision of quality Educational Services.
In accordance with the PDPA provisions, individuals have the right to withdraw consent given to SIM GE for the collection, use and / or disclosure of personal data.
Withdrawal of Consent to the Collection, Use and / or Disclosure of Personal Data
Individuals who wish to withdraw the consent given to SIM GE for the collection, use and / or disclosure of personal data will have to follow the procedures listed.
- You have to notify SIM GE of your intention to withdraw your consent.
- Your notification of withdrawal of consent must be sent to SIM GE. There are 2 ways to do this:
Student Records Department (Attention: Ms Serene Tan - PDP)
- Upon the receipt of your notice of withdrawal of consent, SIM GE will inform you of the consequences of your withdrawal of consent within 7 working days from the date of receipt of your notice. At the same time, SIM GE will seek your confirmation of your withdrawal of consent and inform you of the administrative follow-up (if any). For the withdrawal of consent on image(s), SIM GE will contact you to facilitate the explicit indication of the specific image(s) within 7 working days from the date of receipt of your notice.
- Upon your written confirmation (may be via email) of withdrawal of consent, SIM GE will cease (and inform its data intermediaries, if applicable, to cease) to collect, use or disclose your personal data within 21 working days from the date of receipt of your written confirmation.
In the case of image(s), SIM GE will cease (and inform its data intermediaries, if applicable, to cease) to use or disclose the specific image(s) based on the following:
after the current hardcopy prints have been exhausted.
Electronic / Website Based
21 working days from the date of the individual's confirmation.
For enquiries with regard to the PDPA in SIM GE, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.