The Teaching & Learning Division (TLD) was set up to provide academic support to SIMPL’s operations. It encompasses the functions of educational development & innovation, lecturer management, learning development and research.
The TLD Division achieves its aims through teams which include: Educational Development & Innovation, Learning Development, Academic Development and Research.
Educational Development and Innovation (EDI) Department
The role of Educational Development and Innovation (EDI) Department includes:
- Developing and implementing learning solutions that leverage technology to enhance the quality of academic outcomes
- Promoting the use of Technology-Enabled Learning (TEL) among lecturers and students
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders (e.g. HEs, Academic Division & Academic Development department) to design and support teaching pedagogies that optimize delivery using technology
- Administering SIM GE’s Learning Management System
- Providing technical support for teaching & learning equipment (e.g. audio/video recordings, lecture capture system, video conferencing, 3D printing etc.)
- Keeping updated with trends in educational technology and assessing their suitability for SIM GE’s context
- Providing support in emergency preparedness to minimize learning disruptions
Learning Development (LD) Department
The role of Learning Development (LD) Department includes:
- Providing academic support to students in the areas of academic writing, study skills, personal effectiveness and professional skills
- Developing student peer support programmes
- Providing Student Learning Centre drop-in consultations - written and oral communication and quantitative subjects such as Mathematics
- Developing English language enrichment programmes
- Providing self-service on-line learning resources for students – e.g. study skills
- Supporting learning beyond the classroom
Academic Development (AD) Department
The role of Academic Development(AD) Department includes:
- Strengthening and development of the Academic Community in SIM.
- providing pedagogical support and developing instructional leadership among lecturers,
- Leverage on sound research to enhance student learning through evidence-based teaching practices.
- Lecturer Management: Supporting Associate Lecturer recruitment, development and retention processes
The role of Research Department includes:
- Administrating graduate employment surveys for SIMPL’s full-time Bachelor programmes
- Administrating employer surveys, alumni tracking surveys, and any other surveys related to outcome monitoring as required
- Conducting statistical studies