Discover SIM GE
Awards & Accreditations 2007
SIM-RMIT’s Bachelor of Design Student Scores Again!
Sam Wong, SIM’s student from the SIM-RMIT Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) programme has done us proud by winning 3rd prize in the FutureTalent Award (Strategy) competition.
The FutureTalent Awards is organised by FutureBrand and identifies the best future talent in Singapore’s universities and design schools. Contestants had to formulate a strategy that would help S-League to profitably use digital technology as a means of increasing visibility for Si-League.
Sam’s win highlights the outstanding ability of SIM’students in the field of branding and design.
SIM's Full-time Students Win at stompAIDS Challenge 2007
SIM’s full-time students clinched 1st prize at the StompAIDS Challenge 2007 when they beat 10 other teams from various universities and polytechnics to walk away with $10,000 !. SIM Team 1.3’s innovative marketing campaign “Save Yourself. From Aids. For Your Love Ones.” stood out from the other finalists and impressed the judges for its effectiveness in raising awareness of its campaign theme. And with a Singapore Book of Records entry garnered for the largest anti-AIDS ribbon using 4,800 tissue packets, this added much hype to their campaign. Cheers to Team 1.3 !!!
SIM's Global Education Campaign "Build Your Own Future" TVCs Win at Creative Circle Awards 2007
SIM's Global Education (GE) campaign "Build Your Own Future" Television Commercials (TVCs) won big at the Creative Circles Awards (November 29, 2007). Also known as The Gong Show, the event is a celebrated one in the advertising industry and has been likened to the "Oscars" of the industry. The three SIM GE television commercials - 'SIM Freud'; 'SIM Einstein' and 'SIM Shakespeare' scored with their 'edgy' creativity in an industry event that seeks to push creativity to its limits. Cheers to SIM's win.
List of Awards won:
|Television & Cinema - Television – Campaign SIM Build-Your-Own Future Campaign||Gold|
|Television & Cinema - Television – Individual SIM Freud TVC||Gold|
|Television & Cinema - Television – Individual SIM Einstein TVC||Silver|
|Television & Cinema - Television – Individual SIM Shakespeare TVC||Silver|
|Craft in Television & Cinema - Animation or Computer generated imagery SIM - Freud TVC||Silver|
|Craft in Television & Cinema - Animation or Computer generated imagery SIM Einstein TVC||Silver|
|Craft in TV & Cinema - Animation or Computer generated imagery SIM Shakespeare TVC||Silver|
To view the full results of Creative Circle Awards 2007, click here.
- SIM-UOW Students Win Merit Award at Asia Pacific Infocomm Technology Alliance (APICTA) Singapore 2007
Four of SIM's students from the University of Wollongong's Bachelor of Computer Science (Digital Systems Security) programme won Merit at the APICTA Singapore 2007 Awards. They beat other tertiary institutions to emerge as one of the top three in the Tertiary Student Project Category for the competition.
The APICTA Awards is a regional award that aims to increase ICT awareness and promote ICT innovations within respective member economies. As merit winners, the students represented Team Singapore at the Regional APICTA 2007 Awards held in Singapore from Nov 26 - 29. The students' project titled "Digirighters' is a social sharing site where through the use of Digital Rights Management (DRM), normal users are empowered to share and protect their online files with DRM technology.
A silver and two bronzes were clinched by SIM Dragon Boaters at the Pesta Dragon Boat Competition held in Penang, Malaysia.
Two golds (minor final) clinched by SIM's dragon boat team at the Singapore River Regatta 2007 in the National Championship Men & Mixed categories.
2 SIM-University of London, full-time international students, Mr Anirudh Ramesh and Mr Kalra Darnish Singh, emerged as the 1st Runner-Up in the TATA Crucible International Business Quiz held on 27 Oct 2007.
- Fifty-one first class honours produced in the graduating class of SIM GE’s University of London (UOL) programme.
- 3rd position clinched at the gruelling 3rd Brunswick Collegiate League 2007 for bowling.
- 1st position grabbed at the 'Grab Huck Score' 2007 organised by SMU for ultimate frisbee sport.
- 4 Gold, 4 Silver and 5 Bronze medals awarded to SIM GE students at the Singapore University Games 2007.
Team SIM - 9 Ball Pool, Received 2 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze
- 2 Silvers and a bronze won at the 5-men Crew Dragonboat Challenge 2007.
- Bronze won at the Singapore Floorball League Div 2.
- Gold and bronze awarded to our sportsmen for 6m Square, Mens at the NUS Open Windsurfing Championship 2007.
- Silver and Bronze medals awarded to SIM’s Dragon Boat team at the Inter-Varsity and Polytechnic (IVP) competition and at the Prime Minister’s Cup respectively.
- Bronze medal clinched by SIM’s Wakeboarding team at the Rip-Curl IVP Wakeboarding Championships.
- 3 Golds, 2 Silvers and 2 Bronzes won at the National Tournament, NTU Open 2007 and Whampoa CC Pattern Competition for taekwondo.
- Second position secured by Tam Ivy San, a SIM GE-RMIT student from the Bachelor of Design (Communication Design) programme, at the FutureTalent Awards competition.