We are excited that you are considering our Academy for your child’s education!
Why SIM International Academy?
- Our faculty is a group of dedicated educators with an average of 15 years’ teaching experience in local and international schools and curricula. They have had invaluable experience planning curriculum at the Ministry of Education, or training other teachers, and half of our faculty have a Masters in their field.
- We provide boarding facilities and a specially-designed boarding programme for international students.
- We provide a pathway to tertiary education through SIM’s partnership with international universities.
Non-Singapore citizens, whether residing in or outside of Singapore, are eligible for enrollment at SIM International Academy. If residing in Singapore, applicants should hold one of the following immigration statuses:
- Permanent Residents
- Dependant’s Pass holders
- Long-Term Visit Pass holders
- Student’s Pass holders
Note: We must seek and obtain approval from the Ministry of Education prior to admitting any Singapore citizen as a student at SIM International Academy.
|An applicant who is currently in his/her...||May apply to SIM International Academy's|
|Last year of primary education (12 years old)||Year 7|
|First year of secondary education (13 years old)||Year 8|
|Second year of secondary education (14 years old)||Year 9|
2. Admissions Criteria
|Applicants to IGCSE Programme||Should have completed||Have English language proficiency at the following levels|
|Year 7||The Singapore Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) or equivalent||PSLE English or equivalent|
|Year 8||Year 7 of an IGCSE programme or equivalent|
|Year 9||Year 8 of an IGCSE programme or equivalent|
We are currently not accepting applications to Year 10.
- Provide academic reports from the last three years, and
- Sit and pass an English test, Mathematics test and an oral interview conducted by SIM IA.
- Outstanding achievements in primary (and secondary school, if applicable)
- Active community outreach and co-curricular activities profile
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship will cover the recipient’s tuition fee for the upcoming academic year.
- Application, miscellaneous and boarding fees are not covered by the scholarship.
- There is no bond attached to the scholarship
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified, and all shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the SIM International Academy Scholarships Selection Panel.
Tenure of Scholarship
The scholarship is tenable for one year, and will be renewed for the following year if the scholar maintain his/her ranking in the 90th percentile of his/her cohort.
Applications Open: 1 March 2017
Applications Close: 30 June 2017