Selection is done in accordance with UOW-approved merit-based criteria. Applicants may be admitted to different credit exemptions based on their academic results.
The admission criteria cited below should be used only as a general guideline. Certified true copies of official academic records are required. An official grade description should be provided. If documents are not in English, certified true translations must be attached.
All documents, notarised and English translated, and submitted to SIM, will NOT be returned.
Standard Entry level - 3 years
- GCE ‘A’ Level: 3 GCE ‘A’ / 3 H2 passes plus 1 H1 pass with a minimum aggregate of 10 points where A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: Minimum score of 28 and completion of English A2 at Higher Level (HL). Students with a lower score should provide individual scores for the subjects which will be assessed on a case-by-case basis,
China: Senior High 3: Average of 75% in best 4 academic subjects, excluding Politics and Physical Education
India: All India ISC/HSC (Year 12) minimum average of 60% in 4 subjects from Indian School Certificate Examination (ICSE), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), or Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karntaka and Tamil Nadu State Boards. Other states: minimum average of 66% in 4 subjects
Indonesia: SMA 3 minimum average grade of 7.5 in best 5 subjects, excluding Sports & Health, Civics and Religious Education
Japan : Upper Secondary School Certificate if Graduation (Kotogakko Sotsugyo Shomeisho) passed at GPA 3.8.
Malaysia: STPM aggregate of 6 in 3 best subjects. UEC aggregate of 18 in 5 subjects: A1/A2=5, B3/B4=4, B5/B6=3, C7/C8=1
South Korea: Senior High Year 3 with a minimum average of 75%
Sri Lanka: 3 A-level subjects, excluding General English
Thailand: High School Completion Certificate (Mathayom Suksa 6): Minimum GPA of 3.2
Vietnam: Upper Secondary Year 3 (Diploma of General Secondary Education): Minimum GPA of 7.75
In addition to the above qualification, international students must meet at least one of the following English requirement :
IELTS 6.5 (R=6, W=6, L=6, S=6)
TOEFL 575 OR TOEFL Internet-Based (IBT) = 88 (R=22, W=20, L=17, S=18)
Admission for international students is also subject to the approval of the student pass by the Singapore Government.
Advanced Standings - 2 years
Temasek Polytechnic: Diploma in Psychology
Advanced Standings - 1 year
Singapore Polytechnic: Diploma in HRM in Psychology
To obtain the maximum credit exemption, applicants must have a GPA score of 2.0 or more (out of 4.0). Applicants who have a GPA below 2.0 will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- This list is not exhaustive and UOW reserves the right to change/amend the admission criteria.
- Minimum Aggregate scores in the qualifications mentioned are required for entry and will be assessed by SIM and UOW.
- All qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Due to variations in diploma programmes within a polytechnic, the same qualifications may receive different credit exemption. Such variations include changes in the curriculum, changes in the delivery, the age of qualifications and electives taken within the programme.