Master of Science in Supply Chain & Logistics Management
Developed, fully taught and awarded by The University of Warwick, UK, The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading research universities, with an acknowledged reputation for excellence in research and teaching, for innovation and for links with business and industry.
The University of Warwick
- Ranked 51st in QS World University Rankings 2016/2017
- A member of the prestigious Russell Group of UK universities
- Top 10 of UK league tables (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016/The Guardian University League Table 2016)
WMG, a part of the university, has strong links with companies world-wide. WMG has pioneered an international model for working with industry, commerce and public sectors – understanding a company’s strategy and working in partnership with them to find innovative solutions through multi-disciplinary research.
This programme is a fully delivered by practitioners from WMG, Europe’s largest Academia based learning institution for industry.
- Three-way participation: University + Organisation + Participant
- Combine academic excellence with industrial experience
- Developed with industry to address real-world problems
- First-hand understanding of issues facing modern business and industry
- Application-based assignments and projects
- Global experience and inputs
Benefits to Businesses:
- On the job (in-company) assignments & projects
- Approach business issue as you would with an external consultant
- Immediate application of both concepts and tools
This programme is suitable for professionals in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline.
Events & Programme Briefings
The University of Warwick - Postgraduate Programme Briefing
Come join us on Sat Aug 05 20:00:00 SGT 2017, Sat Aug 05 20:00:00 SGT 2017 - Sat Aug 05 21:00:00 SGT 2017, at Blk B, Level 5, B.5.14, SIMHQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
The University of Warwick - Postgraduate Programme Consultation
Come join us on Fri Aug 18 01:30:00 SGT 2017, Fri Aug 18 01:30:00 SGT 2017 - Fri Aug 18 03:00:00 SGT 2017, at Student Recruitment Centre, Blk A, Level 2, Meeting Room 2A, SIM HQ, 461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491 ...
Open House Programme Briefing - The University of Warwick, Postgraduate Programmes
Come join us on Sat Sep 30 22:00:00 SGT 2017, Sat Sep 30 22:00:00 SGT 2017 - Sat Sep 30 23:30:00 SGT 2017, at SIM HQ, Clementi Road ...
Deepen skills, knowledge in supply chain, logistics
Designed to develop abilities to manage and lead, the programme provides an opportunity for professionals to expand their knowledge and strengthen their skill set in supply chain and logistics management and operation.
In this programme, you get the opportunity to learn:
- Develop a broad understanding of strategy development and design
- Basic understanding of markets, product and process development and financial management
- Use of enterprise resource planning systems, analytical tools and techniques
- A methodical approach to problem-solving and decision-making
- How to research, analyse and evaluate complex business information
Career Prospects/Further Education
Graduates can expect to be employed in many different manufacturing and service companies including providers of third party logistics as specialists in supply chain, planning or logistics.
Graduates can also explore pursuing a Doctorate with the University.
Mode of Delivery/Session Timetable
Teaching faculty for module component – Academics from The University of Warwick
The programme has a structured curriculum of 9 modules and a dissertation. Each module is delivered on a modular-basis over a month. The modules are delivered intensively over 5 full days in the day and for some modules, over week nights and full day on weekends.
Each modules comprises approximately 40 contact hours delivered in sessions of 3 to 9 hours usually over 1 week or 2 weekends.
Lectures are held in classes at SIM campus unless otherwise stated.
Students are expected to spend most of their time at SIMTech premise to complete assigned project for their MSc dissertation.
Course materials are accessible online. Students are recommended to access study and research materials on their personal computers for in-class coursework and dissertation.
Choose at least 1 module from the category:
Direction Motivation and Care of People
- Organisations, People and Performance
- Leading Change
Choose at least 1 module from the category:
- Financial Analysis and Control Systems
- Business Strategy and Strategic Management
- International Joint Ventures
- Legal Aspects of Global Business
Choose at least 5 modules from the following category:
- Lean Principles and Applications
- Logistics and Operations Management
- Procurement and Inventory Management
- Product Design and Development Management
- Programme and Project Strategy
- Project Planning, Management and Control
- Quality Management and Techniques
- Storage and Warehousing Techniques
- Supply Chain Management
- Transport Techniques and Management
The remaining 2 modules may be from any category above.
Students will be offered modules based on the first 9 modules commencing from the start of the programme.
The modules offered will be at the discretion of The University of Warwick and SIM.
Students will work on a genuine business issue for their MSc dissertation.
Students will complete the dissertation in accordance with the University’s guidelines and standards under the guidance of SIMTech professionals.
The dissertation will be moderated by senior member of the University upon completion.
All dissertation consultation must be done during candidature period.
On completion, students are required to conduct an oral presentation on their dissertation topic.
Duration of Programme/Candidature Period
1 year full-time programme
Students who have not completed the programme requirements in the candidature period will not be entitled to any recourse or refund.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students
If the programme fails to commence due to low take-up rate, students will be informed within 1 month before class commencement.
Qualifications in business, engineering, IT or scientific discipline. Candidates with good honours degrees in other disciplines who can show proof of satisfactory numeracy may also be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree (2nd Class Honours Degree or its equivalent)
- Candidates with other qualifications can be assessed on individual merits
English Proficiency Requirement
- Applicants whose entry qualification was attained in Singapore with at least 3 years of study in an English medium institution is exempted from English Proficiency Requirement.
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each band); or
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) with a minimum score of 62 (with at least 59 in each of the 4 component scores)
These are required to be submitted with the application:
- Two satisfactory academic/industrial reference letters
- A letter of academic interest and your objectives in undertaking postgraduate study
An interview by the Programme Director and/or Programme Faculty may be required as part of the admission process. Applicants not meeting the formal academic requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who have a work permit or employment pass can be considered for admission.
Programme fee: S$32,100.00, payable in 3 payments
Per payment payable before each semester: S$10,700.00*
Per module fee: S$3,210.00
Repeat fee per module: S$3,210.00
*Per payment constitutes 3 module fees and 30-credits of dissertation module
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST, but do not include textbooks and course material. Valid for intakes in 2017.
The average teacher student ratio 1: 35
Assessment & Exams
Students are assessed by (i) assignments/projects (ii) dissertation and (iii) continuous assessment such as presentations
The coursework and MSc dissertation components are worth 50% of the programme's total credits.
Participants will be allowed to progress through each module upon the completion of its coursework.
Award & Graduation
Complete all 9 modules and a MSc dissertation, and meet the programme’s conferral requirements to attain the Master of Science in Supply Chain and Logistics Management degree.
For more comprehensive information on the programme, please download a copy of its brochure.