Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
This programme is developed and awarded by the Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore.
This 12-month programme is for you if you intend to:
- Advance your career in Human Resource & Talent development and management
- Acquire specialised skills in employee recruitment & compensation, training and development, and knowledge management and managing staff performance
Closing Date: 18 November 2018
The programme has helped my transition to a human resource career smoothly. I am equipped with the relevant knowledge that allows me to work confidently with business leaders in different domains.
Desmond Chua, GDHRM Graduate (Class of 2017)
Human Resource Manager, SH Integrated Services Pte Ltd
Testimonial provided : 2018
Driving innovation and productivity
In the fast-changing, competitive economy, individuals with the skills to manage human resources and talent, will always be needed. This post-graduate course of study enables you to:
- Plan and utilise human resources and talent effectively in an organisation setting
- Design and manage an effective performance-compensation system
- Build effective teams and facilitate organisational change
- Develop productive, harmonious industrial relations between management and employees
- Support the management of human resources across borders
Mid-level and senior job positions in:
- Human Resource
- Organisation Development
- Training and Learning
- Trade union and labour bodies
- Employers’ associations and business institutions
With the Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management, you can apply to the following:
- Master of Science in Programme and Project Management from The University of Warwick, UK; subject to the applicant also meeting WMG's minimum English proficiency requirements.
Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with work experience and knowledge in their domain.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes attendance at lectures, discussions of case studies, tests, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Additional classes and workshops provided to teach study skills, academic writing and presentation.
Include module outlines, reading lists and handbooks on study strategies
12-month part-time programme (3 semesters) of 6 modules:
- Employment Relations and Law
- International Human Resource Management
- Managing Organisational Change and Development
- Performance Management and Rewards
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Staffing and Employee Development
Contact hours: 39 hr per module, total 234 hr
3 semesters. Each semester is a period of four months.
Lectures at least 2 times a week (Mon-Fri evenings)
Each lesson: 3 hr
Click here for the programme calendar.
Click here for the module outline.
3 intakes a year: January, May, September
12-month programme part-time programme of 6 modules
Maximum allowed period to complete: 2 years.
No refund or recourse should the student fail to complete in the maximum period.
SIM reserves the right to recommend and withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days before class commences.
A degree from a recognised university.
Applicants whose academic qualifications are not attained in the English medium are required to demonstrate proficiency in English in one of the following minimum test scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL 580
- Internet-based TOEFL 92
- IELTS 6.5
Note: TOEFL or IELTS test scores must be less than 2 years at point of enrolment.
Total: S$5,778 (For 2019 Intakes) - payable over 3 semesters before class starts
Per module: S$963
The course fee does not include textbooks.
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST.
Average teacher-student ratio 1:50
Assessment & Exams
Continuous basis throughout the one-year programme, e.g., case studies, presentations, class discussions and participation, individual and/or group projects, and quizzes.
In addition to continuous assessments, all modules require students to undertake an exam.
To attain a pass for each module, students must achieve overall minimum GPA of 1.0 (grade D).
Local students: 75%
International students: at least 90% attendance in any month of the course (as required by the Singapore Immigration Checkpoints Authority).
Graduating students who passed all modules will be issued a transcript and awarded with a Graduate Diploma from SIM upon graduation.