Diploma in International Business
This programme is developed and awarded by the Singapore Institute of Management, Singapore.
This 15-month programme is best suited for those who want to:
- Understand the international dimensions of business
- Pursue a career in a multi-cultural commercial setting or in an international environment
The DIB programme has enabled me to gain insights into different business cultures, and to view issues from different perspectives by combining the experience of another culture and business.
Events & Programme Briefings
Open House Programme Briefing - CEL + MFS + Diploma in Management Studies / Banking & Finance / Accounting / International Business - SIM
Come join us on Sat Sep 30 23:00:00 SGT 2017, Sat Sep 30 23:00:00 SGT 2017 - Sun Oct 01 00:00:00 SGT 2017, at SIM HQ, Clementi Road ...
Expand your horizon across cultures, borders
- Skills, knowledge and aptitude to work in national and international environments that are competitive, complex and culturally diverse
- Specialised tools in marketing, accounting, finance, and organisation management that are necessary to understand the intentional dimensions of commerce and business
With the Diploma, you can apply for advanced standing to the various degree programmes with our partner universities.
Please click here for details on the advanced standing.
Graduates may work in MNCs and organisations with international-related businesses and commerce.
Lecturers are both academic and industry-based professionals with extensive work experience and knowledge in their domain.
The course is 100% face-to-face lecture-based learning. Coursework includes attendance at lectures, discussions of case studies, tests, presentations, and completion of group and individually-written assignments.
Classes and workshops are available on study skills, academic writing and presentation.
Include module outlines, reading lists and handbooks on study strategies
15-month full-time programme (5 terms) of 15 modules:
- Business Accounting
- Business Management and Communications
- Business Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Business Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Economics for Managers
- Export-Import Operations and E-Commerce
- Global Supply Chain
- International Finance
- International Human Resource Management
- International Relations
- Managing Business Finance
- Negotiation and Inter-Cultural Management
- Principles of Marketing
Contact hours: 42 hrs per module, total: 630 hrs
5 terms. Each term is a period of three months.
Lectures at least 6 times a week (Mon-Sat)
Each lesson: 3 hrs
Click here for the programme schedule
Click here for the module outline
2 intakes a year in April and October, each covering 15 months.
April intake: early April to end-June (following year)
October intake: early October to end-December (following year)
Maximum allowed period to complete the 15-month programme is 30 months or 2.5 years.
No refund or recourse should the student fail to complete in the maximum period.
SIM reserves the right to recommend and withdraw a student who cannot cope with the demands of the programme, especially when the student’s pass has expired.
Minimum Class Size
Minimum class size to commence: 25 students. Students will be informed within 30 days before class commences.
- At least 1 GCE 'A' level pass or 1 H2 level pass;
- Other qualifications will be assessed based on the equivalence to GCE ‘A’ level examinations.
Applicants who do not meet the academic requirements might be recommended to undergo a 6-month Management Foundation Studies (MFS) programme. Click here for details of the MFS programme.
For international applicants (full-time programme only)
International applicants will be assessed on the qualification's equivalent to the GCE 'A' level examinations.
Refer to the details on qualifications listed in the International Student Prospectus.
English Language Requirements
- GCE ‘O’ level credit pass (grade 1 to 6) in English (as a first language); or
- IELTS with an overall score of at least 5.5; or
- TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) plus 4 in the Test of Written English (TWE) or 79 (iBT); or
- SAT1 score of at least 550 (critical reading and writing); or
- PTE Academic score of at least 42/100; or
- An equivalent English language qualification.
Applicants who do not meet the English language requirement would need to undergo the Certificate in English Language (CEL) programme prior to enrolment in the MFS and Diploma programmes. The duration of the CEL programme depends on the applicant's English language proficiency level. Applicants can sit for an English Placement Test conducted by SIM to determine their English language proficiency level. Click here for details of the CEL programme.
- IELTS or TOEFL or SAT1 or PTE Academic scores must be less than two years at point of enrolment.
- The SIM English Placement Test results is valid for one year from the date of the test.
Total: S$11,770 (For 2017 Intakes) - payable over 5 terms before class starts
Per module: S$784.66
All fees inclusive of prevailing GST.
Average teacher-student ratio 1:80
Assessment & Exams
Continuous assessment and end-of-term exam.
Continuous assessments include case studies, class tests, discussions, presentations, group and individual assignments.
To attain a pass for each module, students must achieve overall minimum GPA of 1.0 (grade D).
Local students: 75%
International students: at least 90% attendance in any month of the course (as required by the Singapore Immigration Checkpoints Authority).
Graduating students who passed all 15 modules will be issued a transcript and awarded with a Diploma certificate from SIM upon graduation.