Refund, Course Transfer, Leave of Absence and Withdrawal Policies
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as stated in Schedule A of the PEI-Student Contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application (exclude renewal of student’s pass) is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
|Percentage of aggregate amount of the course fees and where applicable, the miscellaneous fees paid||If student’s fully completed request for withdrawal is received:|
|95% refund||More than 14 days before the course commencement date|
|75% refund||Within 14 days before the course commencement date OR within 7 days after the course commencement date|
|No refund||More than 7 days after the course commencement date|
- Application fee for courses is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Requests for refunds must be accompanied with an original fully completed hardcopy Student Request Form (downloadable from the SIM GE website) and supported with relevant documentary proof, where applicable. In the case where Student is not in Singapore, a scanned copy of the completed form, submitted using an email account recorded with SIM PL, may be accepted.
- Refunds (if any) will be processed not more than 7 working days from receipt of Student's refund request.
- Refund requests that are received after 12.00 noon would be considered as submission on the next working day.
- For refund arising from a course-related request which requires approval from SIM PL and/or the Partner Institutions (where applicable), e.g. transfer of course or leave of absence application, the refund request will only be accepted and processed after the course-related request has been approved.
Course Transfer, Withdrawal and Leave of Absence Policy
Students are to put up their request for course transfer, withdrawal and leave of absence via the relevant forms/platforms. For students who are below the age of 18, the supporting documents must include the parent's/legal guardian's written consent to the student's request. SIM PL will acknowledge the students’ requests in 3 working days and advise students on the final outcome within a reasonable time frame (not more than 4 weeks).
- Approval for course transfer and leave of absence are granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Students are subject to meeting each individual course's admission requirements as well as the conditions for which a course transfer or leave of absence will be granted as part of the consideration. Such conditions will be made available in the Programme Handbook where applicable. In the case of external degree programmes, the conditions will be aligned with the conditions stipulated by the Partner Institutions.
- A transfer fee may be applicable for some programmes.
- A fresh PEI-Student Contract will be executed between the Student and SIM PL when the a course transfer request has been approved or when the Student's original student contract has expired at the point of student student returning from his/her leave of absence.
- Students are deemed to have withdrawn from the original course when the application for course transfer is approved; the refund percentage as indicated in the refund table shall apply.
- International students who wish to transfer to another course offered by SIM PL will need to submit their Student’s Pass application to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) for approval.
- Transferring to another institution is deemed as a withdrawal from SIM PL. As such, for international students who transfer to another institution, their Student’s Pass will be cancelled and must be returned to SIM GE. Attendance record and other relevant documentation to facilitate the transfer will be provided upon request.