One of Australia's original educational institutions founded in 1887, RMIT University now has 84,000 students, including more than 13,000 at postgraduate level.
• 5-Star QS ranking for excellence in higher education
• 21st in the world and 5th in Australia among universities less than 50 years old (2019 QS Top 50 Under 50 index)
• 11th in the world and the highest ranked in Australia for Art and Design (2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject)
• 26th in the world for Architecture and the Built Environment and 4th highest in Australia (2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject)
• Among the world's top 100 universities in Education; Engineering (Civil and Structural); Engineering (Electrical and Electronic); Computer Science and Information Systems; Communication and Media Studies; Development Studies; Business and Management Studies; and Accounting and Finance (2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject)
• Among the world's top 150 universities in Engineering (Chemical); Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Geography; and Social Sciences and Management (2018 QS World University Rankings by Subject)
• Close to 40,000 SIM-RMIT graduates in 31 years of partnership
• Overall Employment Rate - 85.8% (2017/2018 Graduate Employment Survey report)
RMIT’s Bachelor programmes at SIM GE include Communication, Business & Management studies, and speciality programmes.